Monday, February 1, 2010

Travel Fever

Just returned from running my last errants before my departure to Sri Lanka. The past days were a bit rough with too many things to get done. For a while I have been running around with a head feeling as big as a water melon, a back screaming for a massage and a body shivering at 24 degrees room temperature. At last it has arrived: travel fever.

Not just in the hidden sense. Since early childhood I tend to get a fever one day before going on a trip. Out of excitement, out of exhaustion. So let me put this body to rest and pray that I can prevent a real breakout. I also hope that the predicted snow storm tomorrow will not have an impact on my flight.

A beautiful song from Rebekka Bakken coming to my mind:

"I'm gonna lay this body down
Cover me with snow
Fall asleep with crystals
Falling silent from above"

No comments: