Saturday, February 6, 2010

Companions

At my guest house in Kandy, I met more inspiring people: Marie and Frantz, a joyful young couple from France; Gerd and Gerda, a travel-savvy couple from Holland; Waseem and Ansouf, around the world-travelers from Australia. All with their own stories about life. Shared meals at the guest house are the best way to meet like-minded people, to get advice on travel plans, to have a drink and laugh. We also had the pleasure of Mr. Sydney joining us over dinner, an old teacher of Sri Lankan roots, with Australian citizenship, residing in London. Him and our host fascinated us with stories about ancient kings and myths around the royal palaces. Listening to their stories, I caught myself with my mouth open and a big smile on my face. When I looked around the table, I saw the same in the other faces.

No comments: