Friday, January 1, 2010

Revival

Spent New Year's Eve in a very unconventional way. My grandma invited me over for some fresh baked goodies, an old family tradition. In my auntie's shelf, I discovered an ancient video tape (yes, video!) that made my heart beat faster: La Boum, a 1980 French movie starring Sophie Marceau. This movie connects our family. No better way to spend the last hours of the year. The three of us ended up in tears of laughter, almost missing the midnight cheers.

Woke up to a fabulous World in White. The thick snow looked like a sugar coating on the trees, the small bird houses, the stairs to the garden. I did not dare to step on this magic white carpet. It is a belief that the way you spend New Year's Day will shape your entire year. Whatever you do today is what you will do in abundance throughout the year.

My first day of the year was filled with many beautiful moments: a walk by the lake, a peaceful nap in front of the chimney, enough time to dream, laugh, play, write letters (hand-written!), and enjoy healthy food. I sat by the window to watch the snow fall, lit a candle and some incense sticks from India, brewed cups of hot tea and listened to my favorite jazz album.

The best moment was when my mom announced joyfully that she will not do the dishes today. She followed my advice to fill her day exclusively with joyful moments and positive thoughts.

And finally I revived this blog, with the intention to regularly update it. I suppose there will be plenty of stories to be shared. My passion to write shall be paired with abundant time and the freedom of expression.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to see you blogging! Keep on writing!:)