Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beach Life

At Mirissa beach we rented a beautiful green cabana with a perfect view...and fled from "Sudu Weli" two days later (long story!). We found peace just a few meters down the beach at "Surf Sea Breeze", a small little paradise of its own. Mirissa easily kept us hooked longer than intended. Our favorite roti shop is just across the street where our coconut man sells. And the sunsets from parrot rock are amazing. Mirissa was like a class reunion where I met all kinds of travelers from my trip again. That's when I knew I had been on the island for a while. All the beautiful moments, check them out:


mirissa

5 comments:

Clive said...

I've been passing Mirissa regularly on my trips from Tangalle to Galle and back, and I didn't even know it was there!
Wonderful photos again, Nora. Make me want to jump off the bus and spend some time relaxing there! I wonder if anyone would miss me...

Nora Hartenstein said...

Now I know why I posted the pictures...to inspire you for a time-out! It should be empty there now, but perfect for a day or two...

Toni said...

Hi Nora, ich wollte Dir schon lange schreiben, dass ich Deinen Blog richtig gern lese.
Wo genau bist Du im Moment? Am Reisen oder am Arbeiten?
Liebe Grüße aus Berlin, Toni

Anonymous said...

I stayed in the same green cabana! Great photos.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nora!
I have randomly bumped into your blog while looking for a cabana in Mirissa!
The green cabana on your picture looks like a paradise!
Any tip how to see if it is available? I can't find anything from teh net! thanks a lot!
JP (you can email me at: rocketjp@yahoo.com)